Why choose us?
Choosing a school for your child is a big decision and we understand there are many factors to consider before applying. We hope you’ll find lots of useful information on this page to help you make the right choice for your family.
If you'd like to know more about our academy ethos, please click here.
Our Reception class has access to a fantastic outdoor area, which they can use throughout the day. Students learn inside and outside, using a mixture of child-initiated and adult-led activities.
Here's an example of what the school day will look like:
- Free play sessions
- Literacy/Numeracy/Phonics lessons
- Snack time
- Play time
- Lunch time
- Learning (other subjects)
- Home time
- Afterschool clubs
The video below shows a day in the life of our reception class!
Oasis Horizons is a scheme that was introduced into every Oasis academy throughout the academic year 2020-2021, where each current and future pupil, their teachers and support staff, was provided with an iPad to give them access to enhanced online learning. Oasis Academy Marksbury Road were one of the first academies to receive their iPads in October 2020! Children and teachers use their devices together in lessons to bring subjects to life and participate in shared learning. Students are even be able to continue this at home!
- 1-form entry school with a real family feel
- Located on Walsh Avenue, Hengrove
- Two specialist Resource Bases for children with hearing loss and for children with autism
- Wraparound provision (Breakfast club starting at 7:45am and after school club until 5:30pm)
- Every child has their own Ipad as part of the exciting Oasis ‘Horizons’ project
- We provide a broad, balanced curriculum which is knowledge rich and stimulating
- We support and guide children to achieve the best of their individual potential
- Equality and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
- We build strong relationships with parents
- We offer a range of enrichment opportunities
- We promote, foster and nurture a love of reading