Why choose us?
Choosing a school for your child is a big decision and we understand there are many factors to consider before applying. We hope you’ll find lots of useful information on this page to help you make the right choice for your family.
We are a friendly, inclusive and busy primary academy with two specialist resource bases - one for children with autism and one for deaf learners. We are a nurturing, caring school that puts children at the heart of everything we do. Our dedicated and skilled team not only supports and guides our pupils as they learn and develop their individual traits and talents, but helps them do so with a smile on their face.
Our staff are dedicated to the highest quality of teaching, no matter what your starting point is. We get to know our students and do our best to tailor our lessons to suit each and every one of them - whether they need a little extra support or a bit more challenge!
Our motto is 'Be the Best Me' and we know that everyone's normal is different. The school's four values of Kindness, Resilience, Respect and Curiosity are central to everything we do. Our aim is to empower every pupil at New Oak to grow into a confident and curious learner that is able to take responsibility, independently manage their behaviour and welcome challenges on their learning journey.
When you become part of our academy you become part of the Oasis Academy New Oak family, and therefore we hope to create an environment where we can work in partnership together to reach a shared goal - helping our young people reach their potential and feel ready for the next phase of their education
- Every child matters, and every child supported - no matter what their background or starting points
- We go above an beyond to ensure our pupils have opportunities in every year, such as being part of a team, school production, learning an instrument, going on life changing trips and more!
- Every child will have access to our exceptional education at home or at school with their very own iPad as part of the Horizons learning scheme
- Ongoing support for the whole family, not just your child
- We are a community of people, with respect for our differences, with plenty of opportunity to get involved with school events
We understand that as parents and carers, nothing is more important to you than your children’s happiness. We will work in partnership with you to ensure that your children feel happy, safe and confident in school.
Our Reception class has access to a fantastic outdoor area, which they can use throughout the day. Students learn inside and outside, using a mixture of child-initiated and adult-led activities.
Here's an example of what the school day will look like:
- Free play sessions
- Literacy/Numeracy/Phonics lessons
- Snack time
- Play time
- Lunch time
- Learning (other subjects)
- Home time
- Afterschool clubs
Oasis Horizons is a scheme that was introduced into every Oasis academy throughout the academic year 2020-2021, where each current and future pupil, their teachers and support staff, was provided with an iPad to give them access to enhanced online learning. Oasis Academy Marksbury Road were one of the first academies to receive their iPads in October 2020! Children and teachers use their devices together in lessons to bring subjects to life and participate in shared learning. Students are even be able to continue this at home!
- 1-form entry school with a real family feel
- Located on Walsh Avenue, Hengrove
- Two specialist Resource Bases for children with hearing loss and for children with autism
- Wraparound provision (Breakfast club starting at 7:45am and after school club until 5:30pm)
- Every child has their own Ipad as part of the exciting Oasis ‘Horizons’ project
- We provide a broad, balanced curriculum which is knowledge rich and stimulating
- We support and guide children to achieve the best of their individual potential
- Equality and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
- We build strong relationships with parents
- We offer a range of enrichment opportunities
- We promote, foster and nurture a love of reading
Contact us today!
If you would like to know more about our academy and want to speak to a member of staff, please get in touch.
We'd love to hear from you!
Call us on 01275 894570 or email email@example.com