Why choose us?
Choosing a school for your child is a big decision and we understand there are many factors to consider before applying. We hope you’ll find lots of useful information on this page to help you make the right choice for your family.
We are a friendly, inclusive and busy primary academy. We have two specialist resource bases, one for children with Autism and one for Deaf learners. We pride ourselves on being an Academy where every child is known. We are a happy school where children enjoy their learning and we have a dedicated and skilled team supporting and guiding the children as they learn and develop their individual characters and talents.
We believe that our pupils are happiest when they feel loved and valued, therefore our vision is for every child to feel welcome at school, included and a part of the New Oak family.
Pupils are rewarded for working hard and making great progress in class, and are celebrated by the family in a weekly assembly. We promote kindness throughout our curriculum, and we develop character through rich experiences and the Oasis 9 Habits.
Our motto is to 'Work Hard, Look Smart, Be Nice' and our aim is to ensure that the children grow into confident and curious learners with the skills they need to welcome opportunities and challenges on their learning journey. It is our vision that our children leave New Oak prepared and excited for the next steps in their education, but also ready for the wider world.
Our Reception class has access to a fantastic outdoor area, which they can use throughout the day. Students learn inside and outside, using a mixture of child-initiated and adult-led activities.
Here's an example of what the school day will look like:
- Free play sessions
- Literacy/Numeracy/Phonics lessons
- Snack time
- Play time
- Lunch time
- Learning (other subjects)
- Home time
- 1-form entry school with a real family feel
- Located on Walsh Avenue, Hengrove
- Two specialist Resource Bases for children with hearing loss and for children with autism
- Breakfast Club provision
- Every child has their own Ipad as part of the exciting Oasis ‘Horizons’ project
- We provide a broad, balanced curriculum which is knowledge rich and stimulating
- We support and guide children to achieve the best of their individual potential
- Equality and inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
- We build strong relationships with parents
- We offer a range of enrichment opportunities
- We promote, foster and nurture a love of reading
Contact us today!
If you would like to know more about our academy and want to speak to a member of staff, please get in touch.
We'd love to hear from you!
Call us on 01275 894570 or email email@example.com