Please find below some important information regarding internet safety:
- Did you know that young people need to be at least 13 years old to create a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Kik, ooVoo, You Tube or Snapchat account? It is 16 years old for a WhatsApp account and 17 years oldfor Vine, Tinder and Yik.
- The internet is a public place. You never know who might see what you are doing, so think carefully about what you post. Before you post a comment, image or video, think about its content. What may be funny to you and your friends might be upsetting or offensive to others. While you can delete photos, post, text messages and statuses they may still be visible somewhere … online content lasts forever!
- Set profiles to ‘private’ and limit what others can see about you online.
- Passwords should be complicated (include a number or a symbol) and kept private, so only you know what they are.
- If your child is upset, worried or uncomfortable about something that has occurred online, they should talk to someone and not bottle it up.
More e-Safety information can be found online.
(www.bbc.co.uk/webwise) has some useful information for young people about staying safe online.
Please click here to access more information
Please click here for our E-Safety policy